Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year 2010

*Bare with me as this gonna be a long post with words in it*

Happy Chinese New Year to everyone. What I had done during Chinese New Year (CNY) 2010???

On 13 of February 2010, I worked in the pharmacy for half day only and then went to a reunion lunch as I were invited by one of my colleague to go to her house and had a reunion lunch with her family. A good experience for me as well as an eye opener on the real harsh life in KL. For dinner, I already tabao McDonalds, Mc Chicken Medium set with Sundae cup. Haha. When i reached home, I decided to watch movie to spend my time left in KL. So, i end up finishing the french fries, sprite and ice cream, leaving the burger for dinner. Start packing after my late dinner. At about 11pm, decided to sleep early coz need to wake up early in the morning to get to the airport. Around 12am, still cant really fall asleep, turn here and there till finally dozed off later coz was tired.

On 14 of Feb 2010, wake up around 3.30am and continue packing my remaining stuffs, morning call Raj to wake him up and fetch me later. and since the time was still early, I decided to bring all my stuffs downstair and turn on the big tv and watch Astro while waiting for Raj to arrive. Haha. Reached Bandar Tasik Selatan (BTS) KLIA transit at around 5.20am and there was already ppl waiting there. The counter only open at 5.30am and suddenly ppl start to come as the 1st train to leave BTS was at 5.40am. The KLIA transit was really on time. After change to bus at Salak Tinggi KLIA transit station, reached at LCCT at around 6.20am. Checked in and went to McDonalds for breakfast. They also have double sausage McMuffin with eggs. Bought newspaper to read while waiting for my flight. 

Unexpected thing happen. Around 8, the ground staff announced that my flight will be delayed and expected to depart on 9.20am, which is an hour late. Well, 1 hour was ok for me. At around 9.30am, we all queue up to enter the plane. At the same time, the next flight bound to Kuching also depart at the same time. Unfortunately for us, our plane was parked right way back at the terminal, at F104 if not mistaken, really at the far end, carrying 5 kg luggage on each side of my shoulder. After boarding, the staffs even checked our boarding pass 1 by 1 to see if there is any mixed up. During the whole process, i try to get a shut eye. So, the plane was at the proper runway and was ready to take off. The roaring of the engine could be heard clearly and off we go. Suddenly, the plane start to to be jerky while trying to gain momentum to lift off. Due to the unexpected incident, the captain decided to go back to the terminal to do a simple troubleshooting to check whether the plane is fit to fly or not. During the whole incident, everyone was very upset, some angry, some scolding here and there, some switching on their phone and called back their hometown to send the bad news to their respective family. 

After arriving at the terminal, the captain started the engine and the roaring sound really as it the plane was getting ready to take off, with the break on. After that, the captain announce that due to the technical problem facing earlier and also the engine problem, the captain say tat the plane is currently unfit to fly and need to do some check up. So everyone unboarded the plane and again, carried our heavy luggage and walk for a about 5 mins to reach the terminal building. Since they announced that the expected boarding time will be 11.30 am, so i decided to munch some bread as will arrive late in Kch. The boarding process was slow as usual as thorough check was done to unsure the proper guest board the correct plane. CNY mood was affected as could not reach Kch at 10.05am as planned. In the end, I finally arrived in Kch at about 1.45pm. What an experience for us. The good thing is that the captain was very responsible and follow the proper protocol by heading back to the terminal again and changing plane. If not, who know what will happen in mid air. The bad thing is that the plane is delayed for 3 to 4 hours plus before we really take off and reach Kch. And there went my 1st morning of CNY. Afternoon and night was normal for me, nothing much happen. Waiting for relatives and friends to arrive.

On 15 of Feb 2010, din go out for visiting as father was working and my elder brother has not return from SG. So, in the afternoon, i visited some of my friends before having dinner with family. Consider a proper reunion dinner for 5 of us. Visited some relatives during night time.

On 16 of Feb 2010, out visiting with kuching high friends, visiting each other, friends and also teacher. On 17 of Feb 2010, out visiting again with Kuching High St John friends, visiting each other. When night falls, 'open table' session for a few of us. Lucky night for me. Haha. On 18 of Feb 2010, went visiting with Sedaya A lvl friends, went up till Bau and visit Ms Voon and her family. Haha. On that night, yumcha session and gossiping session with Ms C. Nice night indeed. Long time really din relax and can open up to anyone. On 19 of Feb 2010, went out visiting again to visit friends.Dinner at Top Spot with family and follow by yumcha and gossiping session at The Junk. Since already met with Ms C a day b4, basically what the girls discuss were about the same. Haha. The drink not really nice. Should have ordered vanilla blended instead of the fruit blended. 

20 Feb 2010 mark the last day of my stay in Kch for the CNY session. Met with Wei Sheng at the airport and also on the same flight. Not to mention, I also met with Ah Lian which also on the same flight to KL. Again, the flight was delayed for about 15 mins.

Overall, my cny celebration in Kch consider not bad, just tat went out too much already and din really spend time with family.

P/s: This year ang pau not really alot but basically every year was almost the same amount. Haha.

P/s/s: Got an extra ang pau from AirAsia for 'On Time Guarentee' policy and gave me an evoucher for the flight delayed on 14 of Feb. 


cLaR@ said...

my drink wasnt nice too! =S

come to sg lah. we go sentosaaaaaaaa

vkvun said...

SG need $$$. see how lah. need accommodation.. If got free one, sure will go one. definitely!