Saturday, July 31, 2010

Food that I miss

Suddenly thought of food that I miss back in Kuching. To be honest, I do not miss Sarawak Kolo Mee because i can eat it here in KL, somemore nearby my house. Just 5 minutes walk only. Haha. The taste is there, just the noodle is different. Well, what to you expect more. Seem like I have eating this stall punya noodle for almost 1 year already. A loyal fan indeed. Haha. Too bad I din manage to take any picture. Will remember to take picture when I have the chance next time.

Kolo Mee with red

For food that I miss, tat will be Sarawak Laksa. When I was young, I do not like to eat laksa because it is spicy. After I grown up and left hometown, I started to like Sarawak Laksa. Haha. Everytime my friends studying outside of Kuching will say they miss this food, tat food, like kolo mee, sarawak laksa, kueh chap and etc. I only miss Sarawak Laksa as well as ABC which stand for Air Batu Campur. The taste is different from KL and the price also different. Kuching one sweeter than the rest. Haha. I have tried Sibu and Bintulu one and yet I still like Kuching among all. Melaka famous for its Durian cendol which i also like, a cendol filled with durian. Downside of it is it uses gula melaka which I dont really like the taste.

Sarawak Laksa

Here is a video telling about some of the famous food found in Kuching.

Regarding the location of place where I always visit to get my sarawak kolo mee, well, it is located in Taman Connaught, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur. The restaurant name is Coffee & Tea. You will not miss it since it has a big signboard at the front there. Besides there also have a poster saying Sarawak Kolo Mee. So you wont miss it. If you do miss it, go look for Hong Leong bank in Taman Connaught and the kopitiam is just nearby it.  Wont hard to find one since the kopitiam is also a corner shop.





No comments: